It's days like today that I really don't like being a grown up. As children we always say "I can't wait to grow up" but what we don't know is what it's like to truly be a grown up.
Though we have know for a long time know that my aunt Cindy would pass away I just never really thought it would happen. She has been battling breast cancer for the last 20 years or so. She has 4 children and a loving husband. Her oldest son is just younger then me. And I can help but feel so sad for all the things her children wont have her around for. It is just so unfair. And though I know they will be together again and that everything that happens to us happens for a reason and that her children are loved, I just want to be mad and upset. It's just not fair that this wonderful women who I am sure has never been mean to anyone in her life had to leave this earth. And yes she is in a better place and she isn't sick anymore and I am sure she will be able to touch so many others where she is now. I miss her. I didn't really know her, I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her but she was one of those people that you just had to be in the same room as her and you felt special.
She is the reason I want to be a nurse.
1 comment:
Sorry for your loss, Cariann. And it's okay to feel mad and upset. It's part of grieving. Your comments reminded me of something I wrote after we lost Emmy. You know the gospel, but that doesn't mean you don't go through the grieving process and feel sorrow and pain. It just means there's hope and you'll get through it. :)
Post a Comment