Monday, June 29, 2009

Somedays

I know I have spent a lot of time on here complaining about my life and how not easy it is being a mom, but the last few weeks have really opened my eyes. Having the chance to work with some amazing young women and some of the most amazing women I have ever met has really shown me that life is so much better when you stop looking at the bad and start noticing the good. 
Today Devon has all but fallen asleep in my arms for both of his naps. When Jeff and I go to get him up he is so happy, just grinning from ear to ear. He is always giving me hugs and kisses. 
I guess what I am trying to say, that for me when I stop thinking about the bad and stop wishing for the day to be over things are so much better. 
I am so grateful to be Devon's mom. I don't know why Heavenly Father has blessed me with the chance to be a mom, but I am going to spend every day, every moment that I can to be the best mom I can be. I feel so strongly that this is what life is for, to be grateful for the good things and forget the bad. It's about learning to be happy when everything is falling apart around you. I just hope that I can teach my children and the young women that I work with. I feel so inadequate but I know that I have to do my best, and rely on Christ to do the rest. 

4 comments:

sunflowereyes said...

We love you, beautiful! What a fantastic thing to write about. We all definitely need to remember that.

Corrine said...

What an uplifting post. :) I am so glad you are happy!

TrishAnderson said...

Such great perspective. I know that in my life I live by what you just stated here. I work hard to always remain positive and always remember that things are much bigger than me and I HAVE to rely on the Lord for everything.

You are a great woman and have already proven to be a tremendous asset in YW. I am glad you are with us.

Porter and Karla said...

being a mom really is the greatest blessing that i think too many of us take for granted too often.you seem like such a great mom, little devon is a lucky little boy.