Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spoke to Soon

So just this morning I was talking with Bibi (Jeff's mom) about how funny it is that Devon is the healthiest grand baby and we were the most worried about him when he was born. Well along with that I have won the worst mommy award this week. Devon has a sinus infection and a yeast infection. The best estimate is that he has had the sinus infection for about a month or so. Yep thats right my son has been sick for a month and I just thought it was allergies. Good news is he isn't contagious.
Other then that everything went well. Devon is 19lb 11oz and 28 inches long. And the best new ever, developmentally he is right on time, thats right no more 2 months behind crap. He is fully caught up! (for those of you that don't know he was born 7 weeks early so he had a 2 month leeway)
So come Sept. 17th he can have his car seat turned around and be stated on whole milk. I can't believe my baby is 3 months away from being a year old. Nutts-Oh!

7 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

I completely understand about the development thing. My second daughter, MacKenzie, was born six weeks early. So I say - Yeah for Devon!!!!!! Those are what make being a mom so great!!! No - you are NOT a bad mom. We have all been there. I thought my oldest daughter was faking an arm injury and it ended up being broken (this was about 4 1/2 years ago). Next time you will just know a little sooner.

Corrine said...

wow!! I cant believe his almost one! thats crazy! but he sure is cute. ;)

John and Lauri said...

Good news that he's right on track1 We knew that along time ago! But bad news about his sinus infection! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he'll be better soon.

HeidyZane said...

Sorry to hear that he's been sick-don't feel bad, I thought Layla's first sinus infection was a cold, thought bronchitus was just a little cough....yeah, I pretty much suck at motherhood! I can't believe he weighs so much!! He's a pound heavier than Layla!! She broke 19 pounds two weeks ago, but went back down with a day of vomiting :( Love you!!

sunflowereyes said...

Check out your little man! He's just all about this growing thing. It's crazy that it's so close to his first birthday.

Amber said...

:) I thought I had allergies for MONTHS -- and turns out it has been an eye infection. I (and the doctor...) thought it was gone... and then it came back!!!!

yeah... you are awesome :)

Shine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.