So while I was waiting for the hour to roll by until I could check on him again I started thinking about what it would be like to have another kid. How on earth was I going to handle worrying about 2 or 3 sick kids at the same time. Let alone worrying about 2 or 3 healthy kids.
How do you mothers do it? How on earth do you get any sleep at night or even have time to shower or do anything for you? I look at some of the women in my ward that have 4 plus kids and do a bunch for their church callings as well as for their kids schools and everything else and I am just amazed. Sometimes I find it hard to go to the store when we are out of milk.
I don't know maybe I feel like I can't do more because I don't do more.
All I know is I have a great respect for mothers who have sick babies a lot and who have more then one kid. There isn't a job that compares to being a mom. When you think about everything you do for everyone in your family there's no way you could work this hard outside of the home and get so much enjoyment out of what you do. This is honestly the most rewarding thing I have ever done.
4 comments:
Cariann, you are very, very wise. It is 100% true, there isn't a job in the world that compares to being a mom and wife. And working outside of the home brings alot of stress, frustration, depression, and makes me, personally, feel like I'm only giving 50% at everything I do. I want to give 100% for everything, but I just don't have enough to go around. For example, since Sunday the 11th, I've slept 14 hours. When I get home, where I want to be, I cry because of everything undone, a son clinging to me because he's missed me, and sheer exhaustion.
What a wonderful blessing for you to have, being at home! You are way ahead of the game and amazing.
I just "got up" this morning after 3-ish hours of sleep. Both girls are sick, and Lillie wouldn't sleep unless I was right next to her. How do we do it? Man, I wish someone could tell me! Most of the time I'm pretty sure I'm failing my kids in about a dozen different ways. Hopefully the emotional scarring won't show up till they're old enough to pay for their own therapy. All I can tell you is I feel ya! Some days I wonder how I do it. Some days I wonder WHY I do it. And most days I just feel lucky to do it.
I am glad you are both finally feeling better. You are a wonderful mom. I, too, count it a blessing to be able to stay home and be with my kids. Life is too short to not enjoy it!
elizabeth is sick right now! sunday night i had about 4 hourss of broken sleep between her crying and needing to be held and reed needing to eat. its harder with two, i wont lie but its double the cuddles, double the kisses, double the good times too! and this is also why i never get ready for the day and we go grocery shopping as a family. as for families with three kids i dont know how they do it?
Post a Comment