A few months ago I was given a calling in our Church that I knew would be a challenge for me. I was asked to be a part of the YW presidency. As a teenager I never like YW's and really struggled, so I was excited to have a chance to learn to like it and to help make it a better experience for the girls that I would now serve.
As I have come to find out I was right to be scared, but not because of the girls. I knew I would have a lot of learning and growing to do and that is what I am honestly seeking to do. I have never had an easy time getting along with girls of a certain personality and it seems that yet again I have been put into a position where I MUST learn to do just that.
So I come here to try and figure out how I can do that. I have been praying and studying, trying my hardest to communicate what I am feeling and to understand what the others are feeling, but it doesn't seem to be working. I feel as though I am never given a chance to fully express my thoughts or needs the this person before they jump to offense and run to someone else to make them feel better and get the rest of what I was trying to say. How is one suppose to do their job when someone else is always coming up behind them to do if for them? And how does one learn to help someone when that someone wont let them help?
As I have said before these seems to be an on going pattern in my life and I really do want to learn how to solve it. I feel that I have made great strides over the years as well. But I also feel that Heavenly Father has something he would like me to learn from these experiences, I just don't know how to figure out what that is. I want to be better, I want to be a good person and a good example to these young women that I am working with. I want to do everything I can, I just don't know how.
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I had a nice chat with someone and sent her your way. Hope it helped!!!!!
you sound like you are definatly on the right track!!! just be prayerful and I know Heavenly Father will help you in all your efforts. call me if you need to chat/vent/ or just shoot the breeze!!!
Post a Comment