As I sit in bed and write this my son is screaming in his crib, he was asleep I think for about 20 minutes when daddy came home for lunch, this of course for whatever reason woke him up. He has also had this fantastic cough which everyone keeps telling me is just allergies, we are now trying our third medicine and nothing seems to be helping. I have gone as far as keeping him inside and still nothing. But of course if I take him into the dr. he will just give Devon yet another antibiotic which will work for about 3 weeks and then we will be right back where we started. And I have to find the time to take him in.
With a new calling and a new "job" and being pregnant I never seem to find time to get anything done. If I am not chasing kids or going to the store I am asleep or wishing I could be asleep. But I am hopeful that I only have 2 or 3 more weeks of being dog tired and will be able to start cleaning my house while the boys are napping, working on projects on days I don't have an extra boy and planning fun outings on days that I do.
On top of being somewhat stressed about my home, how I am raising my child, and how I am watching someone else's child, I find that I am also stressed about broken friendships, new friendships, and uncertainty with family. I often look at something Devon is doing and wonder "did i teach him that", "am I a good example for my own child"? Maybe it's just being pregnant or maybe it's just having an almost 2 year old but I truly do wonder if I am doing a good job as a mom.
But in an effort to be a better person, I am hopeful that he will go to sleep soon. I am hopeful that the fits will stop in the coming months. I am hopeful that those whom I may have hurt will forgive me. And I am hopeful that I will find more time to keep my home clean, my son happy, and myself happy.
1 comment:
Cariann, you are doing a great job with Devon- its just the age. He will indeed outgrow the tantrums. You will have more energy soon to clean your house- and if not- its okay! Its okay to take it easy and not do much for a while. It takes alot of energy growing a baby- so don't worry. It will all work out!
Post a Comment