Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good Bye Tucson


Last week all our belongings were packed up and put on a truck. Jeff, Landon, and I (Devon had already left with his grandparents) loaded up the car and headed to Vegas to see my best friend and then continued on to Utah. It was so hard to say good bye those who have become such good friends to us over the last three years. So hard in fact I just didn't do it. I have never been good at good byes and I have never liked saying them so I normally just don't say anything at all. *I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings*
It hit Devon today like a ton of bricks that we aren't going back. All through church he kept sobbing to go home. He just wanted to go to nursery in Tucson. To make matters worse there is a little girl named Sophi and little boys named Dallin, Ryan, and Collin in the class here. (those are also the names of some of his friends in Tucson) He as so upset that he wouldn't eat anything today and was in bed asleep by 6pm. I am hoping that he will adjust quickly. I am also hoping our home will sale quickly so we can find a new home soon.
But I am excited to be here. Jeff starts his new job tomorrow. I am hoping he loves it as much as he thinks he will. I am hoping that he will be able to spend more time with the boys and be less stressed at the end of the day. I am beyond excited to decorate a new home, plant a garden, and do some crafts. I am also enjoying spending time with my parents and learning from them.
Though there have been some really scary parts of this big change and some things that are really stressing me out (mostly the house) I knew in heart that this is what is best for our family. I know that things will work out and that have been so blessed. I know that this will allow our family to learn and grow together.
I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have. To know that I am a daughter of God and that he loves me. To know that my prayers are heard and answered, and that if I live up to my covenants Heavenly Father will too. I am grateful to know that families are forever and that we will see each other again.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww poor Devon thats got to be hard. SOphie has been talking about him all week. Hopefully he will make new friends quickly. We are so glad you guys had a safe trip!!! Yay for new homes and gardening! that will ve fun!

Michele said...

Poor guy! That doesn't make the transition any easier. He'll come around though and probably be friends with the other Sophie, Dallin, Ryan and Collin. I'm glad you guys made it there safely and hope that things go the way you want them! It'll be fun having a new house and stuff.

Makenzie said...

You guys moved to UT?? Which part?