As I was sitting my classroom listen to the other teacher give her lesson I was reminded of when I was released from the R.S presidency in Tucson. Brother Allen and Brother Anderson had come to release me. I remember very clearly saying "Brother Anderson can't I serve in the Primary? I can't possible mess anything up there!" He just smiled. Well Josh I am in the Primary.
It's funny how time seems to go by so slowly and then all of the sudden you look back and can't believe how quickly it has gone.
As I was waiting to be set apart I started thinking about my young womens leaders and the concerns they had for me. I am sure many of them never thought I would have been married in the temple or even stayed active in the church. Many of them didn't even know me and it seemed they really didn't want to know me either. But there were a few that truly loved me. And it was their love and faith in me that pulled me through the tough times and showed me what it was really like to be a "Mormon". I am grateful for those examples and wish I still had contact with many of them. I hope that I can be to my little class what those sweet sisters were to me. A shining start on the darkest of nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment