Thursday, February 3, 2011

Recap

So after my verbal/written throw-up we have had quite the eventful week.
I took Devon to the Doctor.His temp hit 103 We waited over an hour in the waiting room to get an antibiotic and some allergy meds. Then I wait over an hour at the pharmacy to get them filled.
The next day (Tuesday) Landon starts coughing so I call the doctor, they were full for the day and told me to take him to the ER. I wait for about 2 hours there for him to be seen by the doctor for 10 minutes to be sent home and told if his temp gets to 100.5 to bring him back, even though his temp was already at 100.0 as we were leaving at 2:30. At 7pm Landon's temp hits 100.5 and I am back on the road with him. As soon as I walk into the ER the doctor takes us straight back,takes his temp which was really 101.5 and starts running all kinds of test and we are moved to the pediatrics floor about 2 hours latter. We spent the night and most of the next day there. He was on I.V. fluids and monitors the whole time. Around 11am the doctor came in and told me he would be safer at home and asked if I was comfortable taking him home. (she asked me twice if I was a nurse, because I understood everything and was able to give her medical updates, and take care of his needs on my own. I explained to her that it was because of my experience with Devon in the NICU and I have been wanting to go back to school to become a nurse.) I told her that I thought I could I was just nervous that he had only talking 5oz from me. She said he would be fine and really only needed 12oz or so each day to stay hydrated and to watch his temp. So we got home around 3pm on Wed. Also while I was there I had 6 doctors tell me that Devon most likely doesn't need to be on antibiotics and shouldn't have been the last 3 times he was diagnosed with a sinus infection, because his are to small to really get an infection and he most likely has what Landon has, which at this point is bronchitis. (good thing I already looked into a new doctor for the boys)
Thursday morning I wake up to find our pipes frozen, around 12pm I finally have time to go out and defrost them only to find that one had split open. We are still in the process of fixing it.
Landon is doing better. He has taken about 16oz today, is sleeping and breathing well, his color is good and he is starting to act like himself. He still doesn't have a voice, and his temp is staying downish (low 99's). We are still waiting on the RSV test, and some cultures, but his flu test and chest x-rays came back negative. And he has a check up tomorrow.
So lesson learned, DON"T COMPLAIN because it could always be worse. However I am doing surprisingly well. And I should have mentioned in the last post I am currently on the same birth control that made me totally crazy before Jeff and i got married until I can get the IUD. Just a few more weeks.

No comments: